Acron: Attack of the Squirrels Gets a Haunting Face Lift
Resolution Games’ latest virtual reality (VR) title Acron: Attack of the Squirrels may well look cute with all those adorable squirrels running around but this week the team is embracing the spooky season with a new update. Dubbed ‘Haunting Horrors’ the update not only reskins the characters and environments, but it also adds a new level.
For starters, the Haunting Horrors level is divided into 3 parts: a spooky-themed tree enclave, cemetery, and mausoleum. These areas are connected by 3 paths comprised of an old bridge, graveyard road and broken cliffs. The level is completely free for all players.
The new skins, on the other hand, won’t be free. This Halloween skin pack is available as an in-app purchase for $1.99 USD, featuring:
- Were-Zip: Awoo! It’s Zip, but much, much hairier. Don’t worry, she doesn’t bite!
- Doug-o-Lantern: Doug’s Halloween look is cute AND spooky. We’re not sure how he got the pumpkin on his head.
- Count Chunk-ula: What avoids sunlight and garlic? Count Chunk-ula! Large coffin not included.
- Sim-ply Awful: Sim has been mummified for your convenience! Some might say this was a grave error…
Resolution Games also has two non-Halloween-themed skin packs coming in the update:
- Jungle Boogie Pack ($0.99) – Let your animal instincts take over with this totally wild skin pack (note: players can test out the Cheetah skin that’s a part of this pack for free!)
- Mobster Madness Pack ($2.99) – You’ll feel like the big capo with this waste management business skin pack.
Released back in August, Acron: Attack of the Squirrels is a multiplayer, cross-platform party title where one player is in VR as a tree trying to protect its acorns while up to eight other players on Android or iOS phones are the squirrels, all trying to steal those acorns.
VRFocus gave Acron: Attack of the Squirrels a commendable 4-star rating in our review, saying: “There really isn’t much to dislike about Acron: Attack of the Squirrels as its such an amusing videogame. Resolution Games has stuck with its tried and tested playful design, whilst bringing some multiplayer mayhem to the table, making it an ideal choice for Oculus Quest owners who like to take their headset out and about.”
For further updates on the videogame, keep reading VRFocus.