Award-Winning AR Storybook App Wonderscope Offering All Stories Free Through June
Keep the younglings entertained while under lockdown with these educational immersive reading experiences.
We’ve never been shy about our love for WITHIN’s children’s AR reading app Wonderscope. The award-winning platform makes excellent use of mobile AR technology to immerse readers in colorful storybook adventures they can actually participate in by interacting with characters and the environments. In order to progress through the story, children must read certain portions of the story out-loud into the mic, allowing them to practice their reading comprehension skills while learning valuable life lessons.
The app itself is free to download and comes packaged with “Clio’s Cosmic Quest,” with each additional story costing $4.99. In light of the growing number of school closures as a result of COVID-19, however, WITHIN is offering access to all seven of its AR stories free-of-charge now through the end of the school year (June 1st).
Here is a list of all the educational adventures you can dive into right now:
● A Brief History of Stunts by Astounding People: Take part in three of history’s most impossible stunts and meet the real people that made them happen.
● Wonder’s Land Ringmaster Wanted: Meet Wonder, the Ringmaster of Wonder’s Land, who gives you a tour of the nonsensical world he calls home.
● Little Red the Inventor: Become Red’s imaginary friend and help her show the Big Bad Wolf how strong her voice can be.
● Clio’s Cosmic Quest: Step into a space portal and explore amazing facts about our solar system.
● Lauren and the Three Bears: Lauren has been tasked with filling in for Goldilocks. There’s only one problem: Goldilocks didn’t tell her anything about the plot!
● Willowcrest Manor: In this story, kids play the house ghost, as Godfrey — the ghost butler — teaches kids how to haunt and spook.
● Sinclair Snake: Kids search for the notorious Sinclair Snake while exploring a natural history museum, solving puzzles and learning fun facts along the way.
“Our goal is to provide children with entertaining interactive stories that harness the power of imagination to cultivate learning,” said Within’s executive producer of original content, Samantha Storr of Wonderscope, in an official release. “As we adjust to daily life inside our homes, we hope the free stories will make reading time a little more dynamic and joyful for kids around the world.”
Wonderscope is available now on all compatible iOS devices via the App Store.
Feature Image Credit: WITHIN