Major Content Update Incoming Next Week for Espire 1: VR Operative, Adds Modes, Weapons & More
Indie developer Digital Lode released its first virtual reality (VR) title Espire 1: VR Operative for multiple headsets at the end of last year, offering an action-packed stealth experience. Today, the studio has revealed details on its next big update which adds plenty of new features as well as other improvements.
Dubbed the Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation update, players will be able to enjoy 14 new challenges accessed via three new game modes; Intel, Weapons & Climbing.
The Intel mode has four levels to complete, a warehouse, office complex, Italian Villa and Copperhead Output. Players need to locate and hack intelligence from all workstations in the area, then reach the extraction point. While the Weapons gameplay mode offers seven courses. Aiming for a high score, players have to eliminate static, moving and explosive targets to achieve leaderboard success.
Lastly, the Climbing mode requires overcoming puzzles where speed and timing are vital whilst avoiding the fast-moving crushers. There are three challenges to complete but players do need to have finished the “Reech Division” mission in the campaign first.
As for the new weapons players will be able to find the Espire semi-auto SMG and a sawn-off shotgun inside the Intel and Weapon challenge modes.
To improve the overall gameplay experience in Espire 1: VR Operative Digital Lode has added a recalibration option in the menu to adjust the location/size of the belt and chest holsters, changing the dominant hand and the recorded standing height. There’s also a selectable manual vault when climbing feature, turning off the standard ‘auto vault’ mechanic.
Other additions include:
Leaderboards improvements (Quest + PC only)
- Leaderboard UI redesigned
- Players want to filter the leaderboard to see their friends
- Players want to view a leaderboard for any mission or challenge from within the main menu. Previously they had to start or even complete a mission just to see the leaderboard
- Integrate the leaderboards with Oculus’ new “Scoreboard” app (Quest/Rift)
- Fix various leaderboard-related bugs (leaderboard score not saved if user is temporarily disconnected/reconnected to their wifi when the mission finishes)
Grip interactions and physics pass
- Should be easier to grab a sidearm from your belt without having to look down at your belt
- Fixed an issue where players crouch down and try to grab a guard’s body, they often instead pick up a sidearm from their belt
- Fixed an issue where players would attempt to grip a guard’s body and simultaneously ‘distance-grip’ the guard’s gun
- Improved the physical properties of all props and objects in the game. They should now behave more realistically when interacted with.
The Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation update will be made available for Oculus Quest and PC VR headsets on 5th May. The PlayStation VR version will arrive later, no date has been revealed at the moment. For further updates on the videogame, keep reading VRFocus.