Monologic Games launched platformer Ven VR Adventure for Oculus Rift in December 2020 offering classic gameplay wrapped up in an immersive world. The studio announced this month that a Steam and Viveport launch is due this week and has just revealed it’ll include a major update as well.
Ven VR Adventure‘s v1.2 patch will see some major changes added to the overall gameplay experience. For instance, difficulty levels will be available affecting the number of checkpoints each level has and the amount of lives Ven begins with.
Due to the structure of some levels, there were moments where Ven ends up in the far distance making him trickier to manoeuvre. This has been addressed with Monologic Games redesigning these locations to refine the whole experience.
Full Ven VR Adventure changelog for v1.2 patch:
- Places where players had difficulty during gameplay because Ven was too far from them were redesigned in every location in the game. It brings a lot of improvement to the gameplay but the base experience stays the same.
- Added difficulty levels to the game – player can change them during profile creation as well as during gameplay.
- Difficulty levels do not affect level design but determine:
- Number of checkpoints.
- Number of lives for Ven at the start.
- Number of runes and crates demanded to gain additional life.
- Snap Turn Option – default on.
- Added hints in a form of new pictures in tablet – a lot of players were not using special attack or they had problems with some game mechanics.
- Added an indicator of collected runes on the right-hand watch.
- Fixed problem with frogs – now they will always kill player with one strike.
- Huge number of fixes and tweaks for the tutorial, menu and lobby.
- Various bug fixes, optimization and stability improvements.
Ven VR Adventure will launch on Steam and Viveport supporting Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Valve Index this Thursday, 28th January. The patch will arrive the same day for Oculus Rift users on the Oculus Store.
A date for the native Oculus Quest version has yet to be released. When that happens VRFocus will let you know.