During Sony Interactive Entertainment’s (SIE) very first State of Play broadcast earlier this year one of the surprise announcements for PlayStation VR was Marvel’s Iron Man VR. Having been shown at several events over the last few months a launch date had always been slated for 2019. Well, that has now slipped but the good news is an official launch date has been set for February 2020.
To coincide with the launch date announcement the studio has released another trailer showcasing lots of new gameplay footage as well as these following storyline details:
“Tony Stark has retired from making weapons and instead creates technology used to battle evil as Iron Man. After several years as a world-famous Super Hero, Tony is attacked by the mysterious Ghost, a hacker and anti-corporate activist who repurposes old Stark Industries weapons. In her efforts to topple his empire, Ghost attacks Stark’s corporate locations around the world, leading to ever-escalating stakes and a final showdown.”
Additionally, pre-orders have now gone live for the PlayStation exclusive, with two versions available. The first is the normal Standard Edition which will be sold both digitally and physically for $39.99 EUR/$39.99 USD/$49.99 CAD. There will also be a Digital Deluxe Edition retailing for $49.99/$49.99 USD/$59.99 CAD, which will include the following:
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Game
- 4 Deluxe Edition Deco Armors (Golden Avenger, Black Centurion, Sun Stinger, Stealth Armor)
- 12 Research Points – Research Points are gained by analyzing combat data from Iron Man’s performance in the field. This research and analysis allows Friday to develop new technology (weapons and augments) for the Impulse Suit. Use these Research Points to unlock some weapons and augments early and customise to play style.
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Digital Deluxe Soundtrack
- Digital Deluxe Edition Iron Man PS4 Theme
Having played the demo at Gamescom 2019 VRFocus instantly liked Iron Man VR, saying: “Iron Man VR has already created plenty of buzz and excitement thanks to the possibility it’ll be a fully-fledged VR videogame rather than the short demo experience Spider-Man: Far From Home Virtual Reality. And that’s certainly justified from what VRFocus has seen so far.”
Marvel’s Iron Man VR is scheduled for worldwide release on 28th February 2020. For further updates keep reading VRFocus.