New Speakers & Sessions Confirmed for AWE 2019
There’s just over a week to go until the European leg of the Augmented World Expo (AWE) 2019, offering a chance for virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) professionals from around the world to get together, share ideas, and test the latest immersive technologies. As the event details are finalised AWE EU 2019 has confirmed a new bunch of companies and speakers attending, plus the topics they’ll be discussing.
A wide range of companies are now confirmed to speak, including Accenture, American Museum of Natural History, Audi, BBC, Blippar, BMW, Boeing, Bose, Coca-Cola, Deutsche Telekom, EDF Energy, European Parliament, Facebook, Google, HP, HTC Vive, Hugo Boss, L’Oréal, Louvre Museum, Magic Leap, Microsoft, Nestle, PTC, Siemens, Snap, Spatial, Tetra Pak, T-Mobile, Tobii, Varjo Technologies and Volvo.
As for some of the newest and most interesting sessions, whose talking and where:
- Main Stage: Solving for the Massive Skilled Workforce Shortage: How Scalable AR/VR Enterprise Solutions Will Impact Workforce Productivity | Nathan Pettyjohn, Commerical AR/VR Lead, Lenovo
- Main Stage: 5Billion people and counting. The urgent need for HapticVR Surgical training | Vicky Smalley, FundamentalVR
- Main Stage: An AR/VR Ecosystem: The Triangle of Hardware, Software Platform and Solution | Fireside chat with Michael Zawrel, Sr. Product Manager, Mixed Reality & HoloLens, Microsoft ; Kerim Ispir, COO, RE’FLEKT ; and Juergen Lumera, Automotive Service Solutions, AR Product Management & Innovation, Bosch
- Main Stage: Coca-Cola HBC Pioneers Vision Picking in FMCG Sector | Konstantinos Eliopoulos and Suzana Rari, Coca-Cola HBC, and Jan Junker, Ubimax
- Main Stage: XR and European Institutions | Fakhreddine Aouadi, European Parliament and Fabien Benetou, European Parliament and UNICEF
- Main Stage: AR Collaboration – Goodbye Video Conferencing | Jacob Loewenstein, Spatial
- Main Stage: 6DoFemale Panel
- Main Stage: Enabling immersive exploration with Google Earth VR | Rupert Breheny, VR Manager, Google
- Main Stage: Test Drive with Volvo and Varjo | Casper Wickman, Sr. Technical Leader/Sr. Researcher, Volvo Cars and Urho Konttori, Founder, Chief Product Officer, Varjo Technologies
- Creator Track: Augmented Reality is a New Tool for Training of Creativity Through Drawing | Andrey Drobitko, Founder & CEO, SKETCHAR
- Creator Track: Preserving Amsterdam’s Monumental Street Art in VR | Gabriele Romagnoli, Owner, GR Talk
- Developer Track: Audio AR Wearables and AI | Daniel Zeitman, Senior Developer Advocate, Bose
- Developer Track: Introducing the Vive Pro Eye: Using Your Eyes to Enhance the VR Experience | Graham Breen, Sr. Manager, B2B Solutions, HTC Vive and John O’Neill, Technology Evangelist, Tobii
- XR Enablement: How AR and 5G will make 3D Internet a reality | Ambarish Mitra, Founder, Blippar
- Enterprise Track: Video-projected Augmented Reality in the Beauty Industry | Panagiotis-Alexandros Bokaris, Digitalization & Diagnostics Team Manager, L’Oréal
- XR Enablement Track: CONVERGENCE: How Blockchain and Other Exponential Technologies Will Impact the Future of Work | Amy Peck, Founder/CEO, EndeavorVR
- XR Enablement: The Future of Digital Humans | Kaspar Tiri, Co-Founder, Wolf3D
- XR Enablement: Redefining VR: Touching Masterpieces | Luis Castillo, Co-Founder & CEO, Neurodigital
The fourth iteration of AWE in Europe, all the talks will be held alongside the main exhibition for attendees to go hands-on with the latest VR and AR tech.
Tickets are still available to those that wish to attend from 17th – 18th October 2019. You can even use VRFocus‘ AWE EU 2019 code: EUVRFOCUS20 which provides 20% off an all-access ticket. For any further updates, keep reading VRFocus.