Register Now for the Minecraft Earth Closed Beta
Microsoft revealed several months ago that it was developing a Minecraft Augmented Reality (AR) title, a free mobile game that is expected to be a hit with the billions of smartphone users around the world. It could even take on the wildly popular Pokemon GO or the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. The company had announced that it would be unveiling a closed beta “this summer” and that promised has now been confirmed.
While no launch date has been provided yet, Mojang has announced that the closed beta will be taking place in a few weeks’ time.
The closed beta has now been opened for registration and you can find it here.
This being a closed beta, registration will not necessarily guarantee access. However, in the Minecraft Earth FAQs, the developer team is promising to eventually open up the platform to hundreds of thousands of players which means your odds of getting access to the closed beta is considerably high. To sign up for the Minecraft Earth Beta, you must be over 18 and you will need a device with an iOS 10, Android 7 or newer along with a Microsoft Xbox Live account.
Mojang has also released a video teaser giving users a rundown of what the game offers. You can watch the three minute teaser video below:-
The Minecraft Earth gameplay looks quite cool. The gameplay, quality, features and the overall translation into AR has been superb and it compares favorably with other games that are at the same level. Mojang does a better job at translating the property than say, the Wizards Unite AR rendering.
The closed beta for the Minecraft Earth begins on iOS with Android versions coming soon after.
Here is an overview of the details provided so far on the closed beta as posted on the Minecraft Earth website: –
- The closed beta launches for iOS within the next two weeks. An Android version of the same to follow soon afterwards.
- There will be a limited number of participants and locations as would be expected in a closed beta. This will ensure that Mojang’s servers are able to handle the large amount of users performing the explorations, creation and other activities going on around them. You can also follow Minecraft Earth on Twitter for additional details on the current availability.
- This being a beta version, expect your progress in the game to be occasionally reset as the developers will be testing and building various features in the game.
- If you have decided to participate in the Minecraft Earth closed beta, you will get an invitation email in the email address is associated with your Xbox Live or Microsoft account that you were prompted to provide during the registration.
- If you are picked for the beta launch, you have to play the Minecraft Earth game at least once every 7 days. In case you are selected and you don’t play as stipulated, your slot will be reassigned to someone else.
- Finally, you have to be 18 and above to participate in the closed beta.
Click here to sign up for the Minecraft Earth closed beta. https://earth.minecraft.net/en-us/sign-up
https://virtualrealitytimes.com/2019/07/13/register-now-for-the-minecraft-earth-closed-beta/https://virtualrealitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Minecraft-Earth-AR-600×285.pnghttps://virtualrealitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Minecraft-Earth-AR-150×90.pngAugmented RealityGamingMinecraftTechnologyMicrosoft revealed several months ago that it was developing a Minecraft Augmented Reality (AR) title, a free mobile game that is expected to be a hit with the billions of smartphone users around the world. It could even take on the wildly popular Pokemon GO or the Harry Potter:…Sam OchanjiSam Ochanjisochanji@yahoo.comAdministratorVirtual Reality Times