Skyfront VR to Hold a Three-week Tournament in Partnership With Viveport
Levity Play is due to launch its zero-gravity multiplayer first-person shooter (FPS) Skyfront VR out of Early Access in a couple of days. To celebrate the event the studio has announced a three-week tournament called Skyfront Skirmish: Ready, Set, Whoosh! in partnership with Viveport and Museum of Future Sports.
The tournament will start on launch day, 20th December, and run through until 9th January. Skyfront Skirmish: Ready, Set, Whoosh! will take place across three rounds with a 24-hour cooldown period between the rounds.
- Round 1 will begin Thursday, December 20th at 6 PM UTC and end Wednesday, December 26th at 6 PM UTC.
- Round 2 will begin Thursday, December 27th at 6 PM UTC and end Wednesday, January 2nd at 6 PM UTC.
- Round 3 will begin Thursday, January 3rd at 6 PM UTC and end Wednesday, January 9th at 6 PM UTC.
“We’ve been running the Skirmishes for nearly a year now and seen how much the community loves these events. Naturally, we wanted the launch Skirmish to be a bit more special and offer something back to every player that has helped shape Skyfront during EA and to all the new players who have yet to try our game out,” explains Community Manager, Sandra in a statement.
Thanks to Levity Plays partnership with Viveport and Museum of Future Sports there are some great prizes on offer. Awarded to the top 3 players at the end of each round, the prizes are:
- First place – Vive Wireless Adapter + $50 Steam gift card + Skyfront VR swag
- Second place – RC Racing Drone and Goggles + $25 Steam gift card + Skyfront VR swag
- Third place – $25 Steam gift card + Skyfront VR swag
“I think everybody knows that the future of VR will be wireless. The Vive Wireless Adapter allows for so much more freedom, especially for the home user. It’s pretty amazing that we get to untether our most talented players thanks to Viveport – not a bad Christmas present, if you ask me!,” adds Skyfront’s Game Lead, Kaaren.
Skyfront VR features four zero-gravity arenas, three game modes including team and solo deathmatches, weapons such as pistols, shotguns, automatic rifles, sniper rifles, and rocket launchers. Players will also have access to special abilities – six in total – to aid them in battle. The full version will also feature a progression system and customisation options.