After holding the second Viveport Developer Awards (VDAs) at the beginning of this year VTC Vive has now opened submissions for the third VDA contest, looking for virtual reality (VR) developers who have been, or will be, published on Viveport Subscription.
The awards are Viveport’s way of rewarding and celebrating developers who contribute to the platform’s success, with winners in each category able to walk away with up to $50,000 USD in cash and prizes including the newest HTC Vive hardware, tickets to the 2019 Game Developers Conference and marketing support.
There will be four specific categories with one winner and one finalist from the four PC-VR categories and one winner from three VIVE Wave categories. These are outlined as follows:
- Entertainment – PC-VR, Vive Wave
- Captivates the player in an engaging world and story. Features interactivity that is satisfying and rewarding. Leaves a lasting impression. Encourages the player to revisit the title again and again. Games and narrative-driven experiences.
- Education – PC-VR, Vive Wave
- Offers immersive and interactive learning experiences for the classroom or outside of it. Sparks curiosity, imagination and passion for intriguing subject matter.
- Arts & Culture – PC-VR, Vive Wave
- Enables, preserves, and democratizes creation in the arts. Addresses a diverse, global audience and contributes to the knowledge and enjoyment of cultural heritage.
- Arcade – PC-VR
- Delights customers new to virtual reality. Designed for location-based entertainment considering ease of learning and playtime. A great choice for venues and businesses offering virtual reality experiences. The title is required to be opted-in to the Viveport Arcade program.
“Developers have been the key to Viveport Subscription’s great success this year as we’ve seen our subscriber base grow 5x due to our ever-increasing library of top-quality content,” said Rahul Sandil, Corporate Vice President, Marketing for Viveport and VIVE Studios in a statement. “The Viveport Developer Awards are just another way Viveport puts developers first. With the most avenues to monetize their content, full marketing support, 100% revenue share during the busiest quarter of the year and double the reach with the support of Oculus Rift, Viveport continues to be the best platform for VR developers.”
From today until 1st February 2019 VR developers can submit their PC or Wave title to the Viveport Developer Awards. They’ll need to register on the Viveport Developer Console, then opt-in for the Viveport Subscription program and choose which category to enter before submitting their title to Viveport for publishing.
All the winners will be revealed during the 2019 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. For those announcements, keep reading VRFocus.